In a previous blog, I described how to locate, download and install the hotfix rollup (KB 2775511) – a rollup of 90 hotfixes that will improve performance and stability to Windows 7 SP1 and Windows 2008 R2 SP1 systems.
As noted in the previous blog, this hotfix rollup is NOT automatically available via WSUS. However, it is very easy to add this rollup to WSUS for distribution to your workstations and servers.
- From your server hosting WSUS, open up the WSUS Console (Start –> Administrative Tools –> Windows Server Update Services
- Click to select your server from the left hand frame, and then click Import Updates… from the right hand frame
- This will open up the Microsoft Update Catalog site in a new browser window. In the Search box, enter 2775511 and click the Search button
- Click the Add All button, and then click View Basket
- The screen refreshes, and the option “Import directly into Windows Server Update Services” is displayed and checked. Go ahead and click on the Import button. Wait until the download completes and then click Close.
- The KB will appear in WSUS list of updates after the update check has run on each workstation/server, and you can approve/schedule it accordingly.
- And for SBS servers, the KB update can be found in the SBS Console (Security –> Updates) for scheduling.