I’m often asking customers to send me the message headers of an email when diagnosing an email issue. With Outlook 2010 and Outlook 2013, the ability to quickly display the message headers is no longer there, by default. But, we can quickly add it to Outlook’s Quick Access Toolbar. Once we are done, viewing message headers in the future will be a “one click” process.
So, let’s get to work!
- Open up Outlook, and look at the top left where you will find one or more icons.
Click on the drop down arrow to open up the Customize Quick Access Toolbar menu
- Click to select More Commands
- Click the dropdown arrow in the Choose Commands From area, and then select All Commands
- Now scroll through the list of commands, select Message Options, then click Add
- Click OK to finish. You will now see a new icon for added to the Quick Access Toolbar.
To view message headers, select a message and then click on the Message Options button from the toolbar!