KW Support & Consulting LLC is pleased to provide a CryptoLocker Prevention utility for home and non-domain joined business computers. This utility will automatically set security policies on your computer to minimize/prevent CryptoLocker type attacks on your computer.
The utility installs quickly, and even check for new updates automatically.
- Download and install the utility: click here
- Select to run the CryptoPreventSetup.exe program
- You may receive a warning “CryptoPreventSetup.exe is not commonly downloaded and could harm your computer”. If so, this is a security feature of Internet Explorer’s SmartScreen Filter. You can safely proceed as follows: click Actions, then click More Options, then click Run anyway
- At the welcome screen, click Next, then click Install, then click Finish
- The program automatically check for any updates
- Click OK to apply protection, then click Yes
- Wait while security policies are applied. You will then be prompted to restart your computer.
- Click Finish to reboot your computer
To confirm installation, click Start -> Programs -> KW Support -> Test CryptoLocker Prevention
Screenshots for the above instructions are available here.