You may have seen reports the last two days that over 500 million Yahoo accounts were stolen from the company. The theft actually took place nearly two years ago, but it is only now being reported. You can read details of the situation here:
What does this mean to you?
HOW DO I CHANGE MY YAHOO PASSWORD!
If you have a Yahoo email account, you should change your password immediately. Here are the instructions for doing this: (please note, I’ve included some screen shots at the end of this post)
- Click on the following link, which will take you to the Yahoo signon page: https://edit.yahoo.com/config/eval_profile
- Enter your Yahoo email address, and press Enter
- Enter your current password, and press Enter
- Enter the Verification code (case sensitive) and press Enter
- You will then be prompted to enter a new password for your email account
- Finally you will be shown a list of alternate ways of contacting you (other email addresses or cell phone numbers). These would be things you entered when you created your Yahoo account originally. Make sure they are all up to date.
CAN I STILL USE THE YAHOO WEB PAGE?
Yes. The Yahoo web site is still available for use. My daughter uses it for her “home” page!
SCREEN SHOTS OF THE LOGIN PROCESS:
Step 1: Enter your Yahoo email address
Step 2: Enter your password
Step 3: Enter your NEW password twice
Step 4: Enter the verification code
Step 5: Confirm alternate contact information